Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Excuses For Not Running--Busted!

Top Ten Excuses for Not Running--Busted!
1)    It's not fun--if getting in shape was fun, would anyone be out of shape?
2)    I don't want everyone looking at me--you're running and they're NOT!
3)    No time--Ten minutes, really?  You probably spent that much time yesterday with the remote.
4)    Got the kids with me all day--wake up earlier.  Would you honestly miss 10 minutes of sleep?
5)    No place to run--run early at the mall, in the backyard or even in the garage.  It's better than nothing.
6)    No running shoes--come on. Ten minutes in Keds won't kill you, although Nikes do feel good.
7)    Side cramps--try talking to yourself while you run.  Don't know why, but it works for me.
8)    I'm not fast enough--this is not a competition.  Don't worry, you'll be faster next week.
9)    My hair!--that's what baseball caps are for.
10)  Chapped thighs--use Vaseline, or if you love high-tech and paying a lot more, Body Glide.

 Problems are solved, so lace up!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Stacy I did do 10 minutes today my hips were sore but I kept Going, I think I will go over to pioneer high school and use there track :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Marjorie. Pioneer track is a good idea and it's so close by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was Thinking That it was a good Idea, I Was What Shoes are Best for Running, I have some New Balance and some Sketcher Shapeups ?

      Delete
    2. I always recommend whatever feels the best--that's how I pick my shoes out. I've never run in Sketchers so I'm not sure about them and have had mild success with New Balance. I'm a diehard Nike fan.

      Delete