Sunday, January 29, 2012

Healthy Glow

Sunrise, Fort Collins, Colorado
You've made it to week four--give yourself a hand!  It hasn't been easy, but you've stuck with the program and your body is thanking you for it everyday.  Keep up the good work!

I spent the last four days running in COLD weather by the Rocky Mountains in Fort Collins, Colorado.  It's been years since I ran in single digits.  I don't think I'll be complaining about Silicon Valley weather for a long time.  Having forgotten my gloves back in California, I followed my own advice and used my socks over my hands, which helped immensely.  The day the wind chill dipped into the negative realm, I wished I had worn at least two pairs!  There's no bigger motivation to keep moving than being outside in weather like that--makes you feel ALIVE.  Then there's the sweet sensation of a hot shower when you return.  As the steam rises from your body, the warmth penetrates every pore.  Your cheeks are rosy and you've got that healthy glow.  It's heaven.

Does this make you want to get up early tomorrow and run before the sun?  Catching the sunrise is a spectacular way to start your day--one I highly recommend.  There's nothing like a brilliant sunrise to make your worries fade away.

Assignment for the week:  day 1--20 minutes, day 2--25 minutes
                                            day 3--20 minutes, day 4--25 minutes
                                            day 5--20 minutes, day 6--25 minutes

LACE UP early and you'll find that healthy glow!

1 comment:

  1. oh Great I Love the Assignment for the week :-) See you when you get back :-)

    ReplyDelete