Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Joy of Running

If you haven't yet, hopefully this week you will experience the joy of running.  I'll readily admit that not everyday is fun when I tighten my laces and hit the trail. Some days I'm lethargic, the weather stinks and everyone seems to get in my way, but there are days when I feel like I could run forever.

When the air is crisp and clear, fresh from a night rain that got rid of yesterday's smog and pollen; the temperature is chilly, but perfect once I get moving; the sun is out and bright with only a hint of clouds on the horizon; my legs feel steady and strong; my lungs are clear; my mind is in a good place; I'm not in a rush--that is pure joy.

Like I said, it doesn't happen everyday, but with a little optimism, joy could be headed your way.  Start noticing the good in your surroundings and your legs will feel lighter.  Don't weigh yourself down with negativity.  Focus on the positive things in your life and your stride will get stronger.  After all, you are out working on improving your health and not sitting on the couch with a bag of chips.

Assignment for the week:

day 1:  run 25 minutes     day 2:  run 30 minutes
day 3:  run 25 minutes     day 4:  run 30 minutes
day 5:  run 25 minutes     day 6:  run 30 minutes

LACE UP and feel the joy!  
          

No comments:

Post a Comment